A Little Venting
Warning! The following content has NOT been edited for your screen. This post is rated PG-13 due to violence and adult language. Audience be advised.
*****
This is purely a venting post on my part so don't take personal offense to what I have to say. I just need to express myself and let it out! We got a call yesterday from Jason's mom telling us that Jason's ex-brother-in-law (xBIL) was killed in a car accident. Apparently xBIL was driving drunk, hit a car, which spun him into a telephone poll. He was killed instantly.
Luckily no one else was hurt or killed. xBIL leaves behind 2 children, 6 and 12 years old. He's been a dead beat dad and an all around looser. I am so angry that he would be so damn selfish as to drive drunk and put so many innocent lives in danger!
Can you imagine what this selfish son of a bitch has done to his children!! Anyway, Jason's sister wants him to attend the funeral and be there for her. So this weekend Jason will be driving 12 hours and spending time with them instead of finishing some obligations that he had promised to do here for me.
It is so frustrating that this poor excuse of a man (xBILL) has the power to effect my life this way. Here I am working so hard to be the best mother, wife, and woman I can be and this looser has to ruin a goal of mine that has been months in the making. Ahhh!!
I keep reminding myself that funerals are for the living not for the dead. And Jason will be there to support his niece and nephew, but right now it doesn't help. The thought of Jason going to this man's funeral where people will say nice things about him makes me sick!
Logically, I understand that I'm being irrational, mean, and unforgiving but right now I'm just angry!
*****
This is purely a venting post on my part so don't take personal offense to what I have to say. I just need to express myself and let it out! We got a call yesterday from Jason's mom telling us that Jason's ex-brother-in-law (xBIL) was killed in a car accident. Apparently xBIL was driving drunk, hit a car, which spun him into a telephone poll. He was killed instantly.
Luckily no one else was hurt or killed. xBIL leaves behind 2 children, 6 and 12 years old. He's been a dead beat dad and an all around looser. I am so angry that he would be so damn selfish as to drive drunk and put so many innocent lives in danger!
Can you imagine what this selfish son of a bitch has done to his children!! Anyway, Jason's sister wants him to attend the funeral and be there for her. So this weekend Jason will be driving 12 hours and spending time with them instead of finishing some obligations that he had promised to do here for me.
It is so frustrating that this poor excuse of a man (xBILL) has the power to effect my life this way. Here I am working so hard to be the best mother, wife, and woman I can be and this looser has to ruin a goal of mine that has been months in the making. Ahhh!!
I keep reminding myself that funerals are for the living not for the dead. And Jason will be there to support his niece and nephew, but right now it doesn't help. The thought of Jason going to this man's funeral where people will say nice things about him makes me sick!
Logically, I understand that I'm being irrational, mean, and unforgiving but right now I'm just angry!
Comments
I feel so sad for his children. I am sure your niece and nephew will need your husband support and love during this hard time.
I am totally with you. It bugs me when DH does stuff like that. I don't like always having to take a backseat to whatever else is going on...lots and lots of whatever else.
Sorry that things are so cruddy right now. And that's too bad for those kids. Although it sounds like they didn't really see much of him when he was alive, eh?
I can totally relate- most of my in-laws are like that-my DH's siblings- (sad but true)- it drives me nuts but I've already said my 2 cents about 3 million times and have just started to keep my mouth shut. It is SOOOO frustrating. And I really feel bad for all the kids involved.