Oprah's show on Autism

Did anyone watch Oprah's show on Autism with Jenny' McCarthy and Holly Robinson-Pete? I've been wanting Oprah to talk about this subject for quite a while and assumed she had but I missed the show. I've written in about it a couple times.

I was really impressed by the show and the "mom-power" attitude it had. I was relieved to know that I've done everything with Davis that had been suggested. (Whew!) I felt like she explained how it feels to be a mother with a special needs child very well and the strain it has on yourself and on your marriage. "You Go Ladies!" And thanks for opening up peoples minds and hearts on this rapidly increasing issue.
My hope is that people as a whole will look at these little guys with compasion and understanding (unlike my school district), and love them for their special talents and for the special little people they are.
Comments
My older son has been tested his whole life. I was told that he had Autism, learning disabilities ETC!!!! I was going crazy not know what is was.
So we took him to neurodevelopmentalist this summer. They told us that Jakob did have a learning delayed. They taught Ryan and I how to do this Neurodevelopmental Home Program, Which i did with him all summer. Jakob did make a lot of progress this summer and he is doing better in school. But he stills has some long hard roads head of him. Ryan and i work with jakob every day. We are also very involved in his class ( i help out a few times a week) and with what is going on in his school. Jakob is a great kid and i know Heavenly Fathers has a great plans for our son.
So sorry for the long comment.
Yes i did watch Oprah's show on Autism with Jenny' McCarthy and Holly Robinson-Pete.
It's funny, while I was listening to her talk about fighting for her son and being his only advocate, I thought about your Mama Bear post, and how much you two have in common.
Mommies Rock! (That was totally Jenny McCarthy old school)
By the way, did you not love her hair???? I LOVED it!
I was specifically referring to the conflict we are having with our school district and what they were implying about Davis. I should have referrenced that in the post instead of assume that everyone read my Mama Bear post. You know what "assume" means. I should have known better.
Please accept my apology and know that I certainly did not mean anything negative towards children with ADHD. I have the highest respect for all mothers, especially one's who face additional challenges. I will change my post to reflect what I really meant by that statement.
And how empowering it was to watch the love these Mommies had for their kids just as a mother... amazing!
I LOVED Jenny's hair too! SO wish I could pull that off!
Way to be a strong and educated mother- what a blessing that he has a mother like you!
It's funny how we view actors and actresses as a certain way based on their persona through TV, but Jenny really is an amazing and inspiring person. I too was surprised since she was on Singled Out, but talk about Mommy strength and that little woman thing called intuition.
I'm so glad that shows like Oprahs educate those of us who don't know much about subjects like Autism.