It's a Girl Thing
Last night I was able to enjoy some girl time and went to Mavens. I'm still on a high from all the birthday affirmations and was able to let loose and enjoy myself. ;) You ladies ROCK! I really enjoy your company and laughs.

I woke up this morning to 5 cars parked in front of my house and realized that it's our bi-annual community garage sale weekend. Luckily Jason's off today, so we put Drake in the car and drove around to meet our neighbors and find some treasures. I got this desk for Davis for $15! I'm going to repaint it black.
I also met a neighbor who had a home decor business and I got all this stuff for only $32. I haven't been to a garage sale in about 9 years but boy am I hooked!! I'm going to repaint both mirrors pink and the little table back to go in my guest room.
I also got invited to a neighborhood girls night out. I've decided I'm going go out of my comfort zone and go. I'm usually so involved with people at my church that I haven't made it a priority to mingle with people in my community. Shame on me. I'm going to reform myself.
Oh! I've forgotten to tell you that my new calling (responsibility) at church is working on the Enrichment board. Enrichment is basically fun meetings for the women at church that teach and promote Home, Family, and Personal Enrichment. I haven't had a creative calling like this for many years and I'm excited for the challenge. PLEASE send me all your great ideas!! ;)
Comments
I'm the Enrichment counselor in my ward! We'll have to swap ideas!
Your little Davis is so cute. I saw the Oprah on autism and my heart goes out to you. I can't imagine how difficult that would be...
My ward doesn't do much crafty things and I wish they would sometimes- so don't foget that. We also did a fun one about getting to know you and you put 3-5 items in a bag and brought them to enrichment night and put them on a table. Then you hand them out to everyone- everyone getting someone else's. Then one at a time you have someone stand up and show what's in the bag they are holding and everyone tries to guess whos bag it is. Obviously you wouldn't want to put in any family pictures cause that would give it away.
Good Luck with you new calling!
Good luck on your calling- it sounds perfect for you!
So bummed I missed Mavens last night. But, as Enrichment Leader, what are you going to do? We had a fun activity last night, so you can always steal ideas from me.
Paige - You crack me up! I have felt like a completely new person this week.
I haven't been sleeping well for months and have been having nightmares and waking up several times during the night. So I changed my evening routine. It's really made a difference. I get less sleep (7 hours instead of 9) but it's good sleep and my nightmares have stopped for now. I've been waking up feeling rested instead of groggy. Boy does that effect every aspect of life.
Email me, and I will give you some ideas that we have done in the past. I don't want to use up your whole comment space!
And I'm so excited for you on the new calling...it's sooooo YOU! You're gonna do great!!
So where are you going to put all your finds ????
You will be an awesome Enrichment Leader. I miss my old ward they did some awesome stuff. Not to put down my new ward because they are great but we have been here almost 7 months and the R.S. has done 1 thing and it was only an Emergency Prepardness thing.
The quarterly activities we had this year are: 1) a musical fireside with guest Jenny Phillips (awesome singer/songwriter) 2) Canyon Enrichment--we went up the canyon to a site we'd reserved, had a dinner up there around the campfire, roasted marshmallows, and had a spiritual message. We did this one last year too, it's always the favorite and we're making it an annual thing. There's something about being in nature that helps you feel the spirit I think. 3) We have our super saturday coming up in Nov.--tons of craft projects, decorations for the home, hair bows for the kids, things you can give for Christmas presents, etc. You'd love it. 4) We haven't planned our Christmas one yet, but last year we did it at a sister in the ward's house because we wanted a cozy, homy atmosphere. We had a potluck, a short program with thoughts and musical numbers. We each wrapped up a "gift of service" and brought it and each opened one. They were things that we could give/perform for another sister in the ward. It was a great way to get to know the ladies talents, as well as serve each other. It was one of my favorites. We tried to make the whole evening about Service, appropiate in December.
Hee hee--sorry so long. Let me know if you need more ideas. As you can see I could talk forever. I love enrichment!