100th Post! - Blogging o' Mine!




So for my 100th post (20 posts ago) I was going to video tape myself sing y'all this song that I wrote modified from Bowling for Soup's song Friends o' Mine. Needless to say I've had many obstacles, I don't have a digital video camera, I can't sing, and I don't have the time to figure it out. :( So here's the original song and my lyrics.

Blogging o' Mine

Commenting tons but we made it this far
Some have gone but I forget who they are
Now the withdrawal's the worst but we get through it fine
Glued to our screens but we're not lazy
Getting
older but we're still crazy
I'm so glad that I'm doing this blogging o' mine!

It started out at a Maven's group in a most unlikely town
There was some teasing made by me but I tried it out anyhow
We stuck together through the good and bad times
No comments, swaps, girl power all the time
I'm so glad that I'm doing this blogging o' mine!

And chores, kids, and obstacles did all but break us down
Girls nights, and blogging groups, in every major town
I've got your back, you've got mine
Like Matthew says, "Let your light so shine!"
And you can always count on me for one last post!

We see the world and the world seems smaller
We're getting wider but not getting no taller
I know we've grown up just a little bit at a time
Glued to our screens but we're not lazy
Getting older but we're still crazy
I'm so glad that I'm blogging all the time!

Love Ya! - Laurie

Comments

Holly said…
You are so creative! Congratulations on your 100th (+20) posts!! Here's to another 100 - have a great week
Karenkool said…
HAHAHA--that's hilarious. I wish you could have sung your version for us. This is my first visit over. HI!
Michelle said…
That's too funny! Love it!!
kara jayne said…
It's my lucky day!! I just found out I'm giving to you for the witch switch and I'm so excited to have found your blog. You are so creative and funny. I've had so much fun perusing your blog and now I have so many things I want to get into!! It looks like your much more creative than I am, so I hope your package doesn't dissapoint, but I already feel like I got my package. Great lyrics.
Laura said…
I am so glad you started blogging, love your blog! Happy 100th post.
donna said…
LOve it!!!!


Wow 100!!!!!!!!! Congratulations girl :)
Crazymamaof6 said…
very fun! love to make up my own songs! way to go! congrats on 100 posts!!
tharker said…
Thanks for commenting on my blog! I've read through your last several posts and I think you're going to have to put up with another fan!

I loved, loved, loved your Mama Bear post. GOOD FOR YOU! That's all I can say!!!!

Happy 120th!
Chanda said…
ROCK ON!!! I expect to hear that version at our next function. Congrats on 100.
that is too cute!! i love reading your blog. thanks for commenting on mine too :)
Julianne said…
That is too fun! I was singin' along. :)
Katrina said…
You're such a cutie, Laurie! I want to hear the live version!
Julie said…
Most of the time you just amaze me. That song was so perfect. I can't believe we started blogging at the same time, I don't even think I have 20 posts yet. Hats off to you my girl, you are one in a million.
Lisa said…
That was fantastic!! I would have liked it better with you singing it but it was still grrrrreat!

Congrats on 100!!
Holly said…
Great song! Congrats on 100+ posts--I always enjoy the things you share. Keep 'em coming! :)
Very clever. Glad you gave blogging a try...happy 100 + !
Mamaof3 said…
That was great!! Loved it! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging 101 - What Not To Do

Craft Closet Make Over

1 Year Blogiversary