More Than I Can Chew

Well, it has officially happened. I have bit off more than I can chew. Let's be honest, it was only a matter of time. {{wink}}
With everything breaking around me - my camera, my taxes, my car, a leak in my roof, my sprinkler system, Drake's head - of course it would be time for my phone.

My phone (a.k.a life line) has been on the fritz for some time. However, as of last Wednesday it would not even turn on when plugged in! This is my 3rd phone (same make & model) I have worn out. Geeze!

So, it's time to make some changes and take control of my chaotic life. Another problem I'm having is the more Tip Junkie regulars I get - the more e-mails I get - the more requests & favors I get asked - the less time I have. It's become a real problem.
I am not complaining. It's a blessing that so many women share my passion and I am glad to help anyone that needs it. However, since it's causing stress that I can no longer control - I have had to implement an auto responder to Tip Junkie e-mails and will no longer be able to answer every e-mail and request personally.
Honestly, I'm bummed about it. I've really enjoyed getting to know so many amazing women all the while feeling helpful and useful. But it's consumed me and I'm no longer able to get the "Best" things in life done.

Leave it to my man to come to the rescue! He came home Monday morning with a huge grin and something behind his back. I was so delighted and thought it was donuts. ;) Can you believe he surprised me with an iPhone. {{squeal with delight several times and scare the kids half to death}}
He got up early that morning and waited in line to get it! I can't tell you how much I need this. I need the calendar with 30 minute alerts to remind me of appointments and commitments I've made. I need the GPS on it because I'm always lost. I need the camera on it because I don't always lug around my big one. I need the To Do check list because I keep loosing all my scraps of paper I write on when with important info on it.

Jason you are my knight in shining armor this week, coming to my rescue! Thanks for my personal assistant (a.k.a. iPhone), setting up my auto-responder, and knowing what I need when I need it. You're the best!
I haven't owned anything so extravagant that I haven't had to share. Nope, not boots or even a coat as nice as this. So this is a real treat for me. {{grinning from ear to ear}}
Hopefully, these new tools will help me stay on time, not overbook myself, and help me be more efficient. I need all the help I can get.
Comments
I bet you'll love it. You can put google reader on it. I can't wait to get mine in the next couple of months.
Are they hard to figure out? You'll have to do a follow up post later for us. ;)
Don't worry about the auto responder. You need to do what is best for you and your family. People will understand. Plus, we need you around. If you go killing yourself off from exhaustion, then you'd really be no help!!!! Hang in there and enjoy your phone AND knight in shining armor!!!!
I think I need to start up a website and 2 stellar blogs, while putting together a Super Saturday and managing 3 active kids all day long and be totally OTT before I'd ever deserve one of those! ;)
Yeah for Jason!!!
Good for you for setting limits. I struggle with that so much. I want to be everything to everyone but what I am realizing is that is not possible.
That was super sweet of him. Bummer about all the downers going on, hopefully your work load and life will settle with some of the changes you have made.
Good Luck!