Why I Blog
This post has been edited for Tip Junkie's Talk To Me Tuesday post on Why I Blog.

(This picture is too funny, I had to use it again.)
Lately, I've been evaluating all the time and energy I expend blogging. Is it worth it? I call this my "Blog Identity Crisis".
Every couple months I go through the same dialogue in my head and ultimately decide to keep going. I really do love blogging. Since I have a terrible memory, I'm glad that memories which would normally be lost, are caught on film and in writing here on my blog.
I love keeping up with friends near and far. I really enjoy making new blogging buddies and connecting with people through our trials and interests!

What I love most about blogging is the excitement I feel when I get inspired by someone! I'm constantly amazed by YOU strong and talented women.
I'm inspired by your writing style, I'm inspired by what a compassionate person you are, I'm inspired by the fun things you do and your travels, I'm inspired by your imagination and what you create. I'm constantly amazed at how open you are about your life and how you're able to let so many people in to your deepest thoughts. I'm inspired by your business sense and how you go for dreams and make them come true. I'm inspired by your mothering skills and it makes me want to be a better one. You've made me laugh and you've made me cry. I could go on and on.

To think, I almost didn't blog at all. I would consider my writing, grammar, and story telling abilities to be my worst attributes. I'm not kidding. However, I decided to bite the bullet, put my insecurities behind me, and go for it. I'm really glad that I did.
My goal for this blog is not only to keep it real and share my life, but also to share the tips and time-savers I learn along the way. I hope you find it valuable and uplifting.
I created the Tip Junkie blog to promote Executive Homemaker as well as to promote other bloggers' fabulous ideas and products. That's such a passion of mine but it's very time consuming.
So my question to you is, why do you blog and have you had a 'blog identity crisis'?
Comments
you are awesome. you inspire me everyday. i never can understand all that you do, and how happy you always are. you are incredibly strong & everyday you give me strength to get through my day. i love your online shop and that you give moms a place to do business. (and one of these days i should take you up on your offer to sell, i'm just lazy). you are awesome! don't ever change!
Thanks for stopping by and I hope to see more of you!
Amanda
Love your blog & I love to blog also. I think for me it's the creative act of putting my life story into words...I like to read/like to write.
I do have a B.I.C. about every 2-3 months, too. Usually it's when someone says "um, why do you share so much on the internet". Well, I've grown so much from sharing on my blog. We just went through one of the hardest years ever with two adoptions that fell through in the last days but then experienced the wonder of our new adopted daughter's birth. She was just born in February and I already can't imagine life without her. It's really something to go back and read my old posts and see how sad I was but then know how wonderfully blissful things turned out. Anywho. That's my story. Hope you keep at the blogs - you're great at it!
http://joannebrown.blogspot.com/2008/03/identity.html
you know how great i think you are! keep it up! (sounds like a yearbook signing) have a fun summer! ;)
and, i hope you're feeling better!
I thought this post was a clever way to acknowledge other people and get out what you wanted (THANKS!:)
I've had similar thoughts and wondered why it is that I blog. I have the same reasons you do. I never ever ever thought I'd get into it the way I have. And I never ever thought I'd make such great/supportive friendships with people I haven't met in real life. It's incredible. I can't wait til we can meet in person!!!
You truly inspire on so many levels. Thanks for being all the things you mentioned and more!
PLEASE DON'T QUIT!!!
It is "real" - you portray yourself as a woman with a great wealth of interesting things to share and a happy life that is rich but very down to earth as well. I blog for many of the same reasons you do and I know what you mean about the comments...it is nice to know that someone 'gets' something out of it.
I really enjoyed this post. you know that I have been in a bolgging "funk" lately. I am barely able to manage life and blogging just wasn't giving me the joy that it used to.
However... I know that I will enjoy doing it again, so I try to do enough so I don't fall off of blog world.
Anyway, thanks for being real. You are a great gal, I am so glad we are friends.
btw... I can't even tell you how many of my friends tell me... Oh, you are actual, real life, friends with Laurie! So lucky! .. yes, yes I am. :)
You are awesome and I love your blogs. We all need good tips and you are the junkie to give them to us!!
The ironic thing is--and irony seems to follow me wherever I go--is that today is the only day in the history of my blog when I didn't write one single line. Just pictures today because I was too busy with company. Funny!
Why do I blog? Well, it's the first time in many, many years that I've consistently journaled. I love that it helps me capture the fleeting youth of my children. It helps me think and be more aware of the life I am living. And, quite frankly, I enjoy writing. It's a creative outlet. Every mother needs one of those.
Hey, and thanks for all the tips, Tip Junkie.
Often times I get around to reading other blogs late at night or early in the morning and am just too tired to comment, or I'm breezing through in the midst of the day and don't have time to comment. However, I do love taking time to share a thought and I love comments as well...so If I want them, I better leave them, right? (C:
I enjoy your blog! Keep it up.
Thanks for saying I make you laugh and linking me- too bad I'm not funny today!
Paige
I don't beleive that I have more than 5 non-family readers and they are sporatic. I am OK with that. My hubby thinks that I am a bit crazy to show pics of my family on-line and share our gastrointestinal illnesses but it's life, no way around that.
I enjoy reading your blog and seeing what a fun time you have raising your three boys. I am not even sure how I happened upon your blog. A link here, a link there. My family is getting ready to move to Dallas in the next couple of months so it was probably fate that I get to read about someone from my future hometown.
I have had many a blogging crisis,but ultimately I feel likes it's a great way to keep in touch with my family (since my sis is the only one close.)and it's one of the only outlets I have to reach out to other women like me. It's an amazing community of women and it alway surprises me how many people have been where I am or who have advise that I need.
Plus- I love that I have a blog now because lets face it, I've never been great at keeping a journal.
But I keep on doing it. Why? I honestly don't know.
But I do love reading other's blogs ..so don't ever quit!!
If I like what I write about that's all that matters.
Seems like you've got a lot of fans, though, so you must be doing something right!
I have been going through the same thing lately and I love to blog. I wish I could do it more often because then I would have a more accurate record of my thoughts and stuff but I just don't seem to have the time and it doesn't help that everytime I start something my boys are making a mess somewhere else.
I am glad that I got to meet you.
i blog to vent, to share, to feel validated, to have fun, to learn new things, to be a better mom(get fun mom ideas, new parenting skills),to have fun at home, to gain insight into others lives. and make new friends and keep up with old ones. but i admit it gets old commenting on tons of blogs daily, and not getting comments back, i believe it is reciprocal, and i get behind and feel overwhelmed about that. i have guilt because i haven't posted or commented all day. and have new people all the time wanting to be my friend. it's overwhelming. and i'm having a hard time keeping up. that is when it isn't as fun anymore. but i keep at it, release the guilt, accept that not everyone has time everyday to waste blogging, and have fun doing what i do.
I became a blogger in August '07 after my sis-in-laws talked me into it, and I LOVE it!! I've been recruting friends to the hobby ever since, so it's getting tougher and tougher now for me to get to bed at night, (becasue I stay up blog-jogging). I blog to have somewhere to release my thoughts and ideas, to show off my latest projects and my cute kids!! Seriously though, when you spend a lot of time and effort on something you just can't be satisfied until you're able to share it with someone else. It's called "Show and Tell". And I CANNOT let great deals, ideas or FYI's just get slipped under the rug. Everyone needs to know about them! I mean, we're all sistas... and we need to keep each other in the loop. If I can make a difference in another woman's life even once, I feel satisfied at the end of the day. This blogging world is one amazing place! I feel like I know some of you and am grateful for friendships and support from near and far. You other women inspire me so much!! Love ya, Angela K. from Meridian, ID
I really like your blog. I'm impressed you take so much time to keep it up. I totally have blog identitiy crisis all the time. I don't know why, I just do. I feel a little exposed sometimes, or like I didn't express things like I wish I could.
Thanks for all you do! I would love to advertise on executive homemaker some time. Aubri