Princess for a Night



After a miserable 4 days of Drake and I being sick, and my man out of town, I finally left the house last night. Yes, Ladies, I had not left my house (other than to pick up the kids from school) since Monday. I've been in my jammie's, sick as a dog all week.

After all I've been through this week, I was not going to let the misery continue and miss the princess party that I was invited to. When I got the invitation I realized that I haven't ever dressed up as a princess. I had grand plans of buying the perfect baby blue gown and blinging it out as my first Cinderella gown. My bad luck, the flu took over and I was in no condition to drive, let alone shop. So I wore a dress that I bought for a cruise a couple years ago.

I have my fake long ponytail on and every princess needs a tiara! Back story: I bought those during a real identity crisis when I turned 30 and had my 3rd boy. The realization that I wouldn't have a daughter was too hard to bear and so I turned it into a fun shopping trip with a friend.

I asked my boys if I looked like a princess and Davis said, "Well sort of. You're wearing black." {{dissappointment}} I said that I was a princess dressed up to go to a black tie event." Davis said, "Huh?" {{never mind}}

My camera is broken so this is the only picture I have to document the amazing night. Needless to say, I got home a little after 1:00am and I promptly turned back into recovering Laurie in her jammies.

This morning, I'm filled with gratitude for friends I can laugh with, talk to, and who don't judge, or compete. I'm grateful for over-the-top evenings that make life a whole lot brighter. I'm grateful for being a girly girl who finally had the chance to dress up as a princess. It was the perfect end to a week that was almost too hard to bear.

Comments

Julianne said…
You look like a princess to me! Gorgeous! Glad you had such a fun event to go to after such a rough week.
Alisa said…
Sounds like a great group of friends you have- You look wonderful!
Monica said…
You looked great! Glad you are feeling better!
libby said…
Defintely looking like a princess!! I bit different from the last photo on your blog :-). So glad you felt good enough to shed your jammies and get all glam for a great night out.

Libby
Rochelleht said…
What a super fun idea! You look amazing. That totally sounds like something you would throw, not be invited to. ;-) I'm glad you able to have a fun night without having to do all the work for it. Glad you're feeling better!!
Joanne Brown said…
Wow! You look gorgeous! And what a fun night!! I miss out on buying cute princessy stuff as I only have boys! So I understand!! Glad you are feeling a little better and hope you (and the kids) are back to full health real soon :) joanne x
Lisa-Marie said…
Stunning! Absolutely.

Now, stay in your PJ's a few more days and get yourself better! Wish I could bring over soup. I don't think it would ship well either.
{B}dreamy said…
How fun is that?! Way fun, that's what! You look gorgeous. But I'd bet that those trusty pajamas are more comfortable... they always do my body some good! *B
Laurel said…
First of all, you look amazing!!! I haven't had a reason to really dress to the nines since college. Ooh. That's sad, and it need rectification. Secondly, what a fun idea. I'd like to know more about your princess party so maybe I can copy. And third, sorry you have been so sick. I am under the weather myself today and it is no fun at all!!!
Tammy said…
You look great. Glad you had a fun night. Where did you get to go to dress up so fabulous.
Kirstin said…
You looked beautiful! Did you have a blast.

Thank you for stopping by my blog!
Shar said…
You look BEAUTIFUL! What a fun idea! It's so important to have such good friends and yours sound like sop much fun!
Mel said…
Ok, so I have to know what a princess party includes. Please share more details. You look beautiful and it sounds like a blast with great memories!!!
Traci said…
You look awesome! Sounds like a great night too and you deserved it. I am with you on this lovely sickness going around. I am on week #3 and my kids have just gotten it too, not fun!
Anonymous said…
The Princess Party was a birthday party for a friend. She went ALL OUT!

I'm talking a Knight in Shining armor at the door (tin), the door was decorated in grey butcher paper and painted like a castle door, she spray painted pumpkins, frogs, and a castle silver.

There were tea lights and candles everywhere you looked. There were white roses in small vases with pink beads in water with a cute ribbon w/ a friendship quote on each one (we each got one to take home). She had pink tulle and lights everywhere! She even had a white tulle canopy and a chair draped with silver fabric as her throne. We each had our picture taken there.

This year, we didn’t play any games. (Last year it got a big rowdy. he he) I tried to soak it all in and just enjoy the LOVE that went into the planning and prep of the party. Totally AMAZING! I got so many fab ideas. It was killing me that my camera was broken.
Melissa said…
You always do such fun things with your friends! I either need to move so I can live near all my friends again or get brave and make more.
Hope your feel completely better soon!
aurora said…
Sounds like an amazingly fun night; And you looked smashing!

Sorry that you have been suffering with the flu. That's really hard to bear. Glad that you had a great night to help wash away the yuckies. :)
Karen said…
Laurie, didn't any of the other guests take pictures that they can share with you? It sounds like such a fun evening, it would be fun to see some of it!
Crazymamaof6 said…
you looked beautiful as always. and love the black dress, and gotta love a tiara! i have one too! love it. now all i need is the fake pony tail. or a glam wig! FANCY! you're lucky you have such fun friends!
kelly said…
what a little hottie you are! i love that you and all the girls get together for such fun activities... that is really awesome! hope you're feeling better!
kim said…
You are gorgeous!!!!
Hope you had a great night out!
Anonymous said…
YOU LOOK ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!! I love the hair - do too!! I love most that the your dress brought back all the fun memories with you and jason on the cruise! what a fun party!
you look sooo great! di
Anonymous said…
That is such a good idea for a "girls night out." It would be so fun to get all dressed up and look great and go play with your best girls! I love the dress you picked, it is so cute and fun!
Angela said…
You look gorgeous! What a FUN idea to have a mommy princess party! I'm SO going to have one of those!
Summer said…
What a great idea! I need to get dressed up more often! It sounds like you had a fun night! I also know how you feel with being the only girl...I'm the same way: I have 2 boys, 3 brothers (no sisters), and my husband has 5 brothers (no sisters). I'm not liking where this is going!!

Hope you get better soon!
♥ You look GREAT! I love that dress! What a fun night!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging 101 - What Not To Do

Craft Closet Make Over

1 Year Blogiversary