Conversing with a 3 year old


(Picture taken from Drake's birthday party)

Every other Monday, I have the privilege of a play date with Emily. She's 3 and so fun and sassy. I absolutely eat it up! She's an excellent conversationalist, yep even better than my 9 year old. She has the best giggle's and is such a happy little girl.

Here's one of our conversations we had today:

Emily: "Where's your daughter?"

Me: "I don't have a daughter."

Emily: "No, what's her name?"

Me: "Who's name?"

Emily: "Your daughters name!" {{aggravated by having to repeat herself}}

Me: "Emily, I don't have a daughter. I have 3 boys." {a bit annoyed she's rubbing it in}}

Emily: "Why you do that! I not do that."

Me: {{sigh}} "I hope you don't too."

Comments

Katrina said…
Ah, kids! Always the truth with them.
Anonymous said…
that is sooo cute!! you are a great friend to help watch such a darling little girl.
luv ya,
di
Anonymous said…
You should have seen her big sister, Clara, at that age! Cody & Clara grew up like brother and sister and she was a riot (not to mention as cute as Emily)...Wendy's kids are so sassy & clever! Clara always gave me a run for the money and I adore her.
Anonymous said…
Di - I adore all of Drake's play dates. It gives me a break every other week for errands and projects to do alone. Also, they're just great kids. It keeps each day different and more fun for Drake and me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging 101 - What Not To Do

Craft Closet Make Over

1 Year Blogiversary