Reinforcements!

We woke up Friday morning to reinforcements!! YAY! Lisa drove up and stayed 2 days with us. We were all so excited we started out the morning dancing in the kitchen. OK - no one was more excited than I was.
We spent Friday shopping, eating, and watching movies.

Before
Lisa's on a total landscape kick right now and Saturday she talked me into doing a project. I've had the hardest time keeping my walkway in the back yard weed free. I'm out there frequently pulling weeds to no avail.

Before
See! It's completely awful and I can't keep up with it. Grrr.

So we got busy and shoveled, racked, and pulled up all the weeds! We even pulled up the plastic barrier so my gravel walk way will now be a grass walk way.

It was back-breaking work!

Even Drake got into it.

After

After
When we were done, we drove around for 2 hours and 5 different stores to find St. Augustine sod to buy and lay down to complete our project. No such luck, everyone was sold out! Who knew grass would be such a hot commodity. {{bewildered}}

Thanks so much Sis! You're always up for a project and I love that. My backyard walkway is now one last thing I have to worry about thanks to you. {{hugs}}
Comments
Good job girls!
yard looks great. great idea!
di