Media Room Curtains



I finally started on the window treatment to "black out" my media room window. The idea is I can pull the curtain from the metal holdback and cover the window completely. When we're not using it it will look decorative like this. Here's what I have so far, but it just doesn't seem finished.



Here's a different angle of the room.

I'm thinking I might buy more fabric and make one swag (similar to this) to cover the top. The only problem is that I'm a beginner seamstress at best. I'm worried I couldn't pull it off. Please help. What do you think I should do?

Comments

kelly said…
looking good! how fun, an actual media room. the curtains look great... i wish i could be more help with the swag, but i'm not that great of seamstress either. good luck with that!
Laura said…
It looks great Laurie! I like the idea of having your favorite movie posters on the wall! Which ones are on there? (Lord of the Rings?)
Webb Family said…
They are looking good, where do you get all your energy? You are always doing big projects!
Paige said…
I like the curtain but it looks lopsided. Instead of the valence which might be too frilly for a media room, how about another curtain on the other side and then they can meet in the middle to close them. I love the fringe.
Julie said…
I have a very similar setup in my TV room. I have decided to dress up the top of my windows by making cornice boards. My wall is red and I have 1 chocolate brown panel per window just like you. I am going to cover my cornice board with a patterned fabric in brown and red maybe a fun stripe of geometric. I haven't found my fabric yet, but I have the wood for the boards. I think it will look really tailored and smart.
michelle said…
It looks GREAT! I do like the valance that you posted with the fringe. That reminds me of an old fashioned theater! Very cute!
onehm said…
I'm impressed with what you've done so far! I'm sorry that I can't help. Sewing is not my best skill...

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging 101 - What Not To Do

Craft Closet Make Over

1 Year Blogiversary