Fun Day Monday

Here's the iron I bought at Canton last Saturday. I'm so pleased at how it turned out. We had a bit of trouble hanging it yesterday. I went a little over board on the screws because I wanted to be sure it didn't fall and hit me while I am sleeping.

I couldn't resist, I tried all of the stuff Lisa bought at Canton in my house. (he he) It's not every day you get to try it on before you buy it. Unfortunately, this candle holder is the only thing I found a place for (in my dining room). Bummer. I'll have to add two of them to my birthday list. :)

I have a standing babysitter every Thursday to help keep my sanity during the summer. However, this week I switched and asked him to babysit on Monday. Lisa and I went and saw the Bourne Ultimatum and then went to a salvage tin shop. I loved the movie. It left me wanting more... but I really liked it.

Lisa was inspired by Rochelle's headboard, she's going to make one similar for her guest bedroom.

I forgot to post this for the Grandparents. Sunday, Davis had a lesson about Christ's resurrection. His teacher is very creative and comes up with ways to keep Davis attentive during class. This week she cut up a white sheet and they wrapped up Davis in "linen" just like they did for Christ. To his delight, he got to take some of it home. As you can imagine, this is what happened when we got home.

The boys were having so much fun trying to wrap each other up. Drake seriously wanted in the action but thank goodness he was too timid to get involved. Of course, it ended up with Dylan getting hurt and the strips of cloth in the trash. But it was fun while it lasted. :)
Comments
OH Rochelle's rooms looks so nice. Both you girls are so talented. Cute pictures of you boys.
so what is canton?
awesome about the standing babysitter, great idea.. my babysitter has been gone most of the summer!
your boys are so cute! that primary teacher sounds great!
Also love the new decor!
Jenni
so cute i love the iron too! what a deal!
Love the Bourne movies and cannot wait to see the new one!
I have had a standing babysitter as well. It's the only way to truly enjoy my kids in the summer! Mom's need to breathe!
I have just got into the "iron thing" and love it!! I have tall ceilings and it really adds to all the empty space on the wall.
I love the one you got a Canton- Only $50! I say money well spent!!
By the way, I just read your comment that you bought all the dollhouse and accessories. Very sweet. You are a great mom.
Click on 'Rochelles Headboard' link, she has the shop where she got it from linked. She mounted it onto some lumber to give it some dimension from the wall. I think Lisa might frame it in molding. I think she's planning to paint it in a blue, then brown, and sand it a litte so the blue shows through.