Today's Test is Tomorrow's Testimony

Every weekday I'm up at 5:00am to give the older 2 boys their medication so by the time school starts it's in their system and working effectively. It's with a heavy heart that I put a patch on Dylan and give Davis his pill. I know they need this medication to help them concentrate, learn, and thrive in school but it doesn't make it any easier. To me, there's something very unnatural about pumping my precious boys with chemicals daily and it an emotional experience for me each morning.
Most mornings go well, but sometimes Davis just can't swallow the pill and drama ensues.

This week,we transitioned Dylan from his ADHD patch to swallowing a pill. Needless to say, I have not been looking forward to this necessary transition. However, he has once again surprised me and has swallowed the pill without any problems. {{relief}}
Dylan has received 3 notes from different people in his life telling him how wonderful he is and what a wonderful example he has been for the other children. They have meant the world to both of us as we start a challenging new chapter in our lives. It has also reinforced the necessity for the medication and that we ultimately made the right decision in increasing his dosage.
Reading has been a constant struggle for Dylan but this week he read an entire Magic Tree House book in 2 days. This is a remarkable accomplishment for my little guy and he couldn't be prouder of himself.
I'm so grateful for the positive outlook and happy nature of my little boys. They have had to endure tough struggles at such early ages. Sometimes the journey is too difficult for me to watch and I have to turn to our Savior for guidance and comfort. I feel His immense love for me and my children. I am once again reminded of the atonement and the blessings we receive daily because of His sacrifice. I know that there wasn't anything our Heavenly Father and Lord and Savior wouldn't do for us, because I feel the same way about my family.
Comments
i'm super thankful for modern medicine.
i'm not saying i don't forget to hand out the morning meds, or space taking my own sometimes. but i am so glad i have them.
i know i have at least 1 more kid to get diagnosed and medicate. if not more. i am awesome.
hugs! i'm glad they are working well for you.
You have to remember that ADHD is not a parenting issue, it's a medical issue and you are taking care of it. ♥♥♥