Herbal Wash Kitchen



When I'm stressed out I paint. It doesn't take a psychologist to figure out that when I'm faced with challenges I can't control, I change something I can control. Like the color of my kitchen.

I hired a lady who does murals to come over and consult me on the color and I painted it on Tuesday. I'm not exactly thrilled with the finished look. However, I'm just going to live in it for a while and make curtains for the breakfast nook before I take drastic measures.


Breakfast Nook: Before


Breakfast Nook: After


Pantry Area: Before


Pantry Area: After (I still need to hang my rolling pin - it's too heavy for me to do it alone.)


Family Room View: Before


Family Room View: After

What do you think? Honestly.

Comments

Rochelleht said…
So hard to tell from a picture. I'll have to come over and check it out. I love that you go for it, though. I think it's so sad when people just sit in a house they don't like because they can't commit to anything. I think the green is probably really cute. That was a good color choice, given the layout and colors in the rest of your house.

So sorry the appointments went so badly for Davis. UGH! What a bummer. I hate days like that. I've so been there.

Thanks for the sweet bbq post. I'm so glad you had a great time. Yeah!
Hannah said…
I can't tell from the picture either. I wish I was like you. Painting seems so overwhelming to me.
aurora said…
The picture that shows the color the best, I think, is the pantry one. And to me it looks very nice. Fresh and cool. Love the way your accents look on it.
Sorry you've had a bad week. Here's to a better weekend. ♥
onehm said…
It's beautiful, in my opinion!
I love it.

And I love that you have so much energy. You are a hero of mine!!
♡ I really like it! And I like your big kitchen!!! :)
Lauralee said…
love it .. itis beautiful!
Melissa said…
I think it's lovely!

Many Blessings,
M.
Traci said…
I love it. It's very suttle. I think you will love it too!
Unknown said…
I really can't tell a difference between the two colors, but it does look good!
Anonymous said…
From the pictures, it's very subtle but I like it!
Hollyween said…
The color is pretty. And it gives your kitchen a wholesome atmosphere. So... is that honest enough foryou?

I can't believe you know Rochelle. I must have missed the connection at blogapalooza. I'm really SLOW apparently. Love her.

And the BBQ looked like so much fun.
queenieweenie said…
I think it looks very classy. Good for you that you paint. I gave up last time and hired somebody. LOVED meeting you at Blogapalooza!
Lisa said…
It seems like different colors in all 3 pictures...I like the color by the pantry the best. You'll have to make the color darker as it gets lighter in your house or never open the blinds :) Honestly, I think looks great, but more importantly it made you feel productive and in control. Way to be!
Cecilia said…
I like it! Are you going to put the vinyl lettering under the rolling pin wit the saying "I kiss better than I cook"????
What do you do with the kids while you are painting??? That's the biggest problem I find whenever I want to paint.
Cecilia said…
I meant to write "with"....Duh!
Holly said…
As a fan of most shades of green, and having green on most of our walls, I say...it's beautiful!

Live with it for a bit and see what you think.
Kirstin said…
I like the color! Next time you're stressed do you want to come help me paint my house...I'm having a terrible time making decisions...ughhhh!
katri said…
I think it looks nice. I like green as you can see in my own abode.

Sorry it has been a crazy week. I sure missed you at bookclub.
Angela said…
Looks great! BTW, I love your round table! I have always wanted a round table that sits 6 to 8.
I think it looks nice.....but I also think you have a big personality that can handle more of a pop of color! I love greens with the black furniture.....what about an apple green, then blending to a more neutral color for the living area? Now you know why I hired someone from Devine Color to do mine. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging 101 - What Not To Do

Craft Closet Make Over

1 Year Blogiversary