Christmas in July

Instead of taking the boys to a museum or the movies and spending tons of cash on a one time experience, I decided the money would be better spent on some new toys they'll enjoy daily. Well, our shopping trip to Toys R Us was a success and well deserved after the 4 hours of running errands. (Thank goodness I had my sister with me, or I would not have made it in a happy mood.)
Drake is almost 16 months old and still does NOT wake up happy. I'll admit, it's pretty much driving me to a nervous break down starting my morning with him screaming every day! Since I'm pretty much desperate at this point, I bought a bunch of toys for Drake's crib. I'm hoping this ends my misery. I'm also planning on putting him in there a couple times during the day just to play. What do you think? Have any of you had this problem?
D1 and D2 decided they wanted Ben10 toys. Which I was so excited about because that will complete our "set". You guys don't know this about me yet, but I'm a toy fanatic! I love buying toys. With the first two boys I would sit for hours and play with them. It was really helpful for Davis because I would teach him how to play with a friend and his brother while we were playing. (Poor lil' Drake will not have that pleasure. :) I've finally grown out of my playing with toys stage but thankfully he has his brothers.)
What started out as a $10 each trip ended up to be more because they bought what I wanted them too. Do you do that? Anyway, I love to buy toys in sets. It makes storing, cleaning, and purchasing so much easier. This way there's a bin for every "set" and we don't have any stragglers or misc. toy bin. I LOVE it! That's one thing I get from my mom. She did that but she did it in every aspect of her life. Anyway, moving on.

Comments
What fun new toys. I know they all will have a lot of happy tomes plying with the toys!
By the way, putting your baby in the crib just to play seems like a good idea; that way, there are less negative vibes connected to it. :)