Why I Created EH

Everyone has a story and a reason for why they make big commitments in life. This is my story of why I created Executive Homemaker.
I’ve owned the domain name for almost 5 years. After a year of searching for the right “look and feel”, another year and a half of constant design, and a chunk of money, I officially launched Executive Homemaker (EH) in February 2007. There are many reasons I wanted to do this but the main two are 1) I wanted to help women earn an income and 2) I feel like if you have a great tip or idea you should share it!
My mom is extremely talented. She can do anything from sewing a wedding dress, to painting a mural, or creating a flower arrangement. However, growing up we really struggled financially. As many talents as she had, she didn’t know how to charge people for her products and certainly didn’t know how to market herself and her product. So basically, I wanted to build a community where women can easily buy and sell their products and services. (I’m still designing the free service directory.)
To sell your product on EH: just e-mail me pictures and descriptions for each product and I’ll handle all the marketing, website design, updates, credit cards, etc. for you. To make it even easier, there’s no set up fee or monthly fee! There’s only a 10% transaction fee which includes the credit card fee. I want to make it easy and cheap to sell your product. I feel every woman should have a way to earn extra income and express themselves creatively in the process.
I strongly believe that if you have something great or know something that makes life easier or more fun – you should share it! I get so frustrated when I search the internet for hours trying to find a great idea, find it, and then have to re-create it myself. Someone has already done all the work. Wouldn’t it be easier if I had a picture or better yet their document file so I can just print it out? Executive Homemaker will not only have ways to organize your life and make your life more fun, but it will save you time by either giving you the project to simply print out or at least a picture so you can make it faster.
My oldest son was diagnosed with high functioning autism when he was 4 and so I’ve had to really step it up and create lots of “visual aids” over the years to help teach him the things we all learn naturally. That has led to over 500 files of games, schedules, activities, and much more. I really feel like I have something to share as I know so many other women do as well. So I wanted to create a beautiful and simple place we can all share a piece of ourselves and help each other in the process.
That’s how Executive Homemaker came to be. I hope you’ll choose to be apart of it.
Comments