Growing Up is Hard to Do



It's official, Davis is now acting like a tween. He's been begging to mow the lawn as well as displaying his independence. Davis has new found abilities like washing the car and doing mom's chores to earn money.



It's a new stage for us that we are both excited about and both a little weary. I can tell that he desperately wants to grow up however, he still wants the perks of being a young kid. He's completely torn between these worlds as displayed with his complete meltdowns a couple times a day.

It's important to him that I "listen to what he is saying" as he repeats this phrase several times a day. It's quite comical as he doesn't realize that asking in a more grown up way will not change my answer to "yes". {{wink}}

I realize that it's important to him that I talk to him and treat him differently; so I've been trying to be more aware of my tone and how I approach him. I admit this is going to take a little getting used to as I still see him as my little boy (and he still acts like one).

He's also been more affectionate and seems to need a lot of hugs and encouragement. This part is easy! I hope he lets me hug and squeeze him forever.

Although this transition is a bit of a tough one I'm relieved to see that my little guy is budding into a bright young man.

Comments

Kendall said…
I cant believe that you still have that van?! Thats the one we went to nauvoo in!! Good times!!
Anonymous said…
HA! Yep - those were good times. Oh the memories. But we'll keep those to ourselves. {{wink}}

I think it was only like 9 months old when we went to Nauvoo. Girl, I'll have that van forever. Oldie but goodie. :)
Heather said…
Heaven help us girl, parents to 6th graders! UGH!
Melissa said…
Oh, that is so happening at my house too. It's not fair that we have to keep adjusting along with them.

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging 101 - What Not To Do

Craft Closet Make Over

1 Year Blogiversary