Deep Thoughts

Have any of you been keeping up with NieNie's recovery? I headed over there after a conversation with a twitter friend.
Her words are heartbreaking, enlightening, and motivating all at the same time. Man, that girl is incredible. As I read, I kept thinking to myself what a gift at expressing herself.
I've drawn such strength reading her blog. Personally, I always recoil while going through a difficult trial. I don't reach out and express what I am feeling. Instead I turn inward, grasping for all the strength I can muster then plow forward with my head down.
It's not until afterward that I can allow myself a voice and reflection. At best I give myself a day or two to let it sink in, process it, and make life changes before it's old news and I'm back to the grind.
I barely talked about my back surgery and recovery once I was up and around again. Only a handful of people even know the gravity of pain I experienced and the toll it took on my family. I still struggle with my weak body every day and it frustrates me.
Having the same mind, goals, and ambitions I've always had but living in a worn out body at 33 years old is unbearable at times. I'm doing my part with diet and exercise trying to squeeze out as much energy as I possibly can every day. It's terribly exhausting and maddening.
I hope to one day find my groove again. In the meantime, I'll draw on NieNie's strength and expression.
Comments
I didn't know you had back surgery . One of my friends had back surgery a few years ago. It took her a year to recover from that.
I agree with Chanda. Take it one day at a time :)