Rockin' Guitar Hero Birthday Party



Davis wanted a Guitar Hero birthday party this year. Talk about a fun theme and easy to plan.



We made the invitations into backstage passes. Needless to say, Davis approved.







Here I am as a groupie.



I had bought some inflatable instruments to add a bit to the decor.



However, I had no idea that they would turn into a fun game for 12 ten year olds.



They even wanted to take them home! So if you're looking for a fun party gift, I guess this would be contender. Who knew?



I just ordered the Hanna Montana cupcake cake in blue & black from trusty ol' Wal-mart. $13 baby!



I was clueless as to what I should have for the favor. I wasn't sure if the parents would approve of a CD with rock music. So I got each one a trophy with a guitar key chain and hot tamales. The note said, "You are red hot! Thanks for rockin' out at my party!"



The boys played in a guitar hero tournament. I had a score board and the winners play each other and the losers played each other. I had a 1st place trophy for the winner.

I was so impressed with all the boys. No one got their feelings hurt and there weren't any disagreements. These are some amazing boys and I was so proud of them and glad they were in my home.



I'm so bummed about this picture. I guess my flash didn't go off. Everyone had such a good time. It was great to celebrate Davis and be surrounded by people who appreciate him for who he is. Thanks guys!

Comments

Letti said…
What a cool birthday party. I love the handouts they were perfect for your theme.
Cecilia said…
What a fun party! I love everything about it...theme, invitations, cake, party favor.
You ROCK sis!
jenhatch said…
SUCH an awesome party! I'm telling ya - when am I going to be invited to your kids parties!?! They're too fun!
Casey said…
How cool is that! You must be the coolest mom ever! Great idea! I might have to borrow that one!
Chanda said…
Great idea. Looks like it was so fun. You are the official party queen.
Anonymous said…
sooo darling! you are so creative and you deserve an award for throwing the coolest parties!
happy bday davis!! i can't believe it has been 10 years too!
diana
aurora said…
Love that idea! Great party. Happy Birthday, Davis.
Anonymous said…
How fun, you make a fabulous groupie and I adore the gift bags! Good thinkin'!
I love this idea for a party! VERY cool.
Mamarazzi said…
super fun birthday party!!
Heather Stokes said…
WHAT A FUN PARTY - I really enjoyed your retelling. I tried fixing your last picture too - it is TOO CUTE - The pic is small so it turned out grainy but if you have the bigger one - I would be happy to play with it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v198/grmnvixen/fix.png

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging 101 - What Not To Do

Craft Closet Make Over

1 Year Blogiversary