Pantry Make Over
We had a power outtage on Tuesday which toasted my router. So I've been without internet for the past couple days. Not able to work and respond to e-mail; I was cursing Verizon all day but finally had a change of heart and decided to make the best of it!

With Denae's closet make over challenge recently, I was inspired to finally take the time to tackle my Pantry! I've been wanting to do it for a while. Here's the before picture.

You may think that it didn't look too bad, but it was GRODIE! I went all out and I scrubed and painted the shelves and walls.

I had alot of help from Drake and Ed who tried out all the new tubs and baskets.

While I was painting, they played with the garbage cans. I learned all kinds of things you can do with them such as: push them around, throw balls and toys in them, and of course jump off of them. ;)

Here's the finished product! I was inspired by this pantry - gorgeous! When the boys came home from school they were so impressed! Davis said, "Wow Mom. You had a great day!" I thought that was cute. Dylan took the time to read every label and inspect what was in each one.
I got all the tubs and cloth bins at Wal-Mart. I was amazed at how much extra room I had by using the bins. I just grouped everything into catagories. I also got rid of most boxes. For instance, I dumped out all the breakfast cereal bars into the bin - which gave me so much more room.
I also made some rules like after school they can have something out of the snack bin. After dinner they can have something out of the treat bin. You get the idea.
What's your pantry system?

With Denae's closet make over challenge recently, I was inspired to finally take the time to tackle my Pantry! I've been wanting to do it for a while. Here's the before picture.

You may think that it didn't look too bad, but it was GRODIE! I went all out and I scrubed and painted the shelves and walls.

I had alot of help from Drake and Ed who tried out all the new tubs and baskets.

While I was painting, they played with the garbage cans. I learned all kinds of things you can do with them such as: push them around, throw balls and toys in them, and of course jump off of them. ;)

Here's the finished product! I was inspired by this pantry - gorgeous! When the boys came home from school they were so impressed! Davis said, "Wow Mom. You had a great day!" I thought that was cute. Dylan took the time to read every label and inspect what was in each one.
I got all the tubs and cloth bins at Wal-Mart. I was amazed at how much extra room I had by using the bins. I just grouped everything into catagories. I also got rid of most boxes. For instance, I dumped out all the breakfast cereal bars into the bin - which gave me so much more room.
I also made some rules like after school they can have something out of the snack bin. After dinner they can have something out of the treat bin. You get the idea.
What's your pantry system?
Comments
You did (of course) an outstanding job. That is quite an accomplishment and it looks great!
Are you for hire? :)
Isn't it fun to organize! I am soo addicted to it!
LOOKS GREAT!
Top: Paper Products, Holiday
2nd: Popcorn/Chocolate (baking), Breakfast Stuff, Treats, Drake Food, Dog Food
3rd: Bread
4th: Cereal, Snacks, Treats to Bake, Chips, Pasta & Sauce
Bottom: Sides, Bottles, Oils & Vinegars, Baking Products
Floor: Platters, Cleaning Products
If you click on the perfect pantry link it will direct you to Tip Junkie. The girl that did that pantry did different categories. I liked hers as well.
I don't have the luxury of a pantry, but would love too!
As far as trash cans go, my mom once gave my brothers trash cans as Christmas presents, the giant outdoor kind with lids. Those were probably their favorite gifts ever. The cans were forts, used as toy storage, they would drag each other around the house in them...seriously, the best gift ever :)
cute bins.
After I paint my kitchen (color still undecided) I'm going to put "I kiss better than I cook" in vinyl lettering under the rolling pin! I can't wait. ;)
Cathy - about the cloth bins at Wal-Mart. My WM was out of them. The clerk said that they're not an item they stock regularly; they get them randomly. So I went to a Wal-Mart in a "swanky" part of town that usually is better stalked and they had them.
I found them next to the hangers, ironing boards, etc. The red tubs are actually dish drying bins in the kitchen section with all the kitchen tools.
Thanks for all the support Ladies!! This was such a spare of the moment thing and I'm relieved it turned out so well.
And I have to say that I loved that pantry the first time I saw it too!!!
YAY for getting the organizing bug!