Breakfast with Santa


They had such an amazing set up! The Santa was great, the photographer was great (and free), the food was so-so, but the games were amazing!

They were simple and fun for all ages. Wheel of Jinlge Bells, Reindeer Toss, make a reindeer out of contruction paper, decorate a foam ornament, Christmas tatoos, write a letter to Santa, color snowflakes, Jingle Bell Walk, make Reindeer Food, color your own goodie bag. The boys had so much fun and left with a ton of loot!
Even Drake had to take his turn at the Reindeer Toss!
At one point, Davis got totally distracted by this Snowman. He kept playing with the arms and legs, making them dance, waving hello, etc. He was very careful with it and I thought that was such a Davis thing to do. :)
Afterwards, Davis and I met his school class at Target where we were split up into groups of 3 and given a shopping list for Ricardo, a 3rd grader from the Angel tree at the Salvation Army. We were given $20 to purchase jeans and socks for Ricardo. Due to our savy shopping and addition help from the kids, we were able to get 2 pairs of jeans and a 6 pack of socks! It was such a wonderful experience for Davis and I to share together.
Finally, as promised, pictures of my house decorated for Christmas. We had to move everything around to accomodate the tree.

I've detailed several of the craft & gift ideas on TipJunkie: here, and here.

The newest addition is the lighted garland on both sides of my stair case. {{squeal in delight}} I bought it from Lillian Vernon. I didn't like it wrapped around the banister so I was a little bummed.
But then I saw this huge ornament in a store window while Katrina and I were shopping. I actually found that same ornament 50% off at Hobby Lobby and Garden Ridge. So I decided to swag the garland and put the ornament in between. (Next year I'll buy two more ornaments to complete the look.)

Here's my front door. We put out a buch of lighted candy canes and reindeer this year in the front yard. It's a bit OTT, but the boys love it which makes me happy.

Comments
note to self... must get to decorating or kids will start looking for a new mom!
Your house looks gorgeous! Love the garland swags--great find.
Oh your house look great :)!!!
I have tried to email you a couple of times, but it keeps coming back to me. What should I do? Can you email me with another address that I can use? I need some more information before I can go forward with the card.
Also the shopping with your son and his class, a great idea!
Loved looking at your Christmas decor, such a fun time of year! Thanks for sharing!