Caramel Apples

I'm ending my Utah trip posts with my Lindsay Lohan impression at the Cirque Lodge. It's just a few blocks from Melissa's house. HA HA HA!
Melissa insisted on taking us to the Mountain something or other for caramel apples dipped in white chocolate then sprinkled with apple cinnamon. They were yummy! I've never been a caramel apple fan but I was converted.

Our conversation turned to the fact that Melissa has a friend (or two) who are stingy and won't share their secret recipe for caramel apples, where the caramel actually stays on the apple. I assured her that if I knew anyone that had such a recipe, I'd find it for her.

So here's my plea! If you have the coveted caramel apple recipe please share with me and put poor Melissa out of her misery. Apparently she's been attempting the impossible with several failed attempts.
If needed, I'm fully willing to barter for the reciepe with a secret one of my own. {wink}
Comments
And I wasn't a huge caramel apple fan either until I had one at the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, and now I'm obsessed. If someone shares a great recipe, please do email it my way. =)
My DH and I were at a company retreat in Whistler, BC a few years ago. We had just finished up a huge company dinner - loads of desserts, seven course meal - the whole thing. We were stuffed. But were planning on sleeping in the next morning and having some caramel apples from RMCF for breakfast the next morning (awesome, no?.) We had just gotten our GIGANTIC apples and were riding the elevator up to our room, when it stops and who happens to get on the elevator with us? Half of the people at his firm, including several partners, who we had just eaten this HUGE meal with. We looked like the biggest pigs. I was so embarrassed.
And honestly? It was totally worth it. I'd do it again, shame and all.
They also suggested using MacIntosh apples. Store bought apples are usually coated in wax and so it is hard to keep them coated with the caramel.
Try this web addy on information to solve this problem and see if it works for you.
http://www.mahalo.com/How_to_make_delicious_caramel_apples
I am anxiously awaiting the secret recipe ;-)
Hey my sister in law Rachel saw Lindsay Lohan at the gym in Provo a few months ago. Crazy :)!!!!!!!!
Love the "escapee" picture!!!
I'll have Melissa tell me the one that actually works and I'll announce it to everyone.
I prefer the "soap" method as the boiling water will leave some brown spots on the apple. It doesn't change the taste, though.
You didn't hear this from me.