Another Grandparent Gift

Really quickly, I remembered another gift that I make almost every year for the Grandparents, a calendar.

There are so many ways you can do this. I make 12 layouts w/ pictures in Microsoft Publisher and print it out on card-stock with this calendar. I take it to Office Depot and have it spiral bound with a plastic front cover and black back cover.

To personalize and make the calendar more useful, I add all the families birthdays and other special days.



You could go one further and make this calendar holder. It's seriously so easy!
  • Simply get some plywood and molding, cut the molding to frame the board.
  • I painted the board red first and then black. (You can use any colors)
  • Sand different places around the frame with sand paper to let the red show through.
  • I then sprayed it with polyurethane.
  • I ordered "Turk Times" in cream vinyl lettering.

My friend makes a calendar every year for her parents using her kids artwork from school. I've always thought that was a great idea.

You digital scrapbookers have got it easy! Simply print out 12 of your favorites, use this calendar, and have it bound.

(The calendar is in portrait format - if you're going to use this idea and want it in landscape format - e-mail me and I'll fix it for you.) laurie at executive homemaker dot com (no spaces)

Comments

Melissa said…
What a great idea! I'm just starting to look into the whole digi scrapbooking thing... this may motivate me even more :)
Laura said…
I love the artwork idea. I always just color copy my scrapbook pages and they have an album they put the old ones in after the year ends. It's almost cheating its so easy!
Shar said…
The calendar is really cute. I need to get on the ball and do cute things like that for Christmas gifts. I also love the kids artwork for the calendar. Really good Christmas gift idea.
Lee said…
This so cute and creative. Great idea! And thanks for visiting my blog.
katri said…
What a darling idea. But then you are full of super GREAT ideas! :)

I have heard that this coming week Martha Stewart is doing a whole series of handmade gifts. Guess I'll set the Tivo for that. Could be interesting.

Miss ya, Laurie! Let's chat soon.
donna said…
LOve the idea :) So cute!
CG said…
What a great gift idea.
Anonymous said…
About how much in total did this cost?

//Great idea!

If your gran' has a hobby a gift from timeofyourlifememories.com we'll be perfect.
Anonymous said…
Rachel - I don't remember exactly. I had the board left over from a different project. The vinyl was only $2. That leaves the molding, which was probably around $8 (maybe). I'm not quite sure. I already had the paint. Under $20.

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging 101 - What Not To Do

Craft Closet Make Over

1 Year Blogiversary