Grandparent Post

In an attempt to have some quality bonding time with my preteen, um I mean toddler, I enrolled us in Mommy & Me classes at ASI Gymnastics. I don't know what I was thinking.
Drake is 18 months old going on 13 years old. He is moody, grumpy, he thinks he knows it all, and has a major beef with authority. It's an hour spent constantly re-directing him as he attempts to make a mad dash to the small trampolines. Once caught he looks at me with his signature "go to hell" look and we start the process all over again. By the end we're both exhausted and irritable.

There are a couple things my little guy enjoys, yes only a couple. He LOVES the water! Pool, lake, bathtub it's all good! I've been putting him in the tub a lot just to get things done, like get dressed. ;)

Drake also LOVES shoes! If you come over and leave your shoes by the door they'll be snatched up quickly. Doesn't his little feet look so cute in Ella's shoes! He was so mad when he had to give them up. He puts my shoes on several times a day.

We're well into fall baseball for both the boys. It takes up 2 nights a week an all day Saturday. Here's Dylan. I should clarify. Jason takes them 2 nights a week and on Saturdays. Drake is such a grumpy ball of fire at the ballfield, I stay with him at home. It's too exhausting running after him or trying to keep him happy in the bleachers. Thanks honey!

Here's Davis. I'm not counting on any invites to the All Star team, but I think it's a good experience for the boys. They're really looking forward to basketball in the winter and I think that sport suits them a little better.
Where are you carpooling your kids to?
Comments
Thanks!
Becki
love ya, diana
where do I take my kids? swimming, gymnastics, piano, activity days, and an itty bitty sports class...I am thinking it is too much.. I wish they all liked the same thing.. and were in the same class, same time! maybe that would be the bonus to having triplets??
Fast forward to today. I love my role/calling as mom, simply I would not be who I am today with out it... but... all of those "extras" are way hit and miss. I always make sure of a few things...
1-check their homework
2-brush teeth
3-have them make their own beds
4-fhe (weekly family home evening)
5-scriptures (once they are in school... only the picture ones before that.)
That's it! (actually, that's kinda a lot.. but I feel it's important.)
Sports are o.k., but the fact is no one is getting ready for the Olympics or World Cup. As long as they can play and be happy, love each other (and themselves), and do o.k. in school ... I will feel like I have done what I need to do.
(sorry for the novel I have written)
Laurie- I love your blog. It makes me think. You are a great mom, and I am so glad that we are blog buddies and friends in real life. Heart ya!
I have the music and the sound machine, his room is dark, I feed him before, I wait until 1:00. I've tried it all. None of the boys have napped but the first two at least did until they were 24 months. Dylan may have napped longer but I don't remember his toddler years at all. Davis was 4 at the time (and at his worst behavior) and I've pretty much blocked out that entire year! ;)
Jason (my man) read this post and laughed. "It's so true!", he said. We can't figure out why Drake is so grumpy. We just think that's how he's built. He's not snuggly or loving either. He wants what he wants. Thank goodness for Blues Clues! I should have posted that, he does like Blue and Barney.
Oh she still is :)
if i want to get something done it is eithe nemo, cars or mickey mouse clubhouse (gotta love those)
I have a 7 year old going on 20 too....crazy!!! :)