The Gig is Up!

Yesterday during snack after school Davis and Dylan were talking about Christmas and how they want a PS3. I looked over at them and reminded them that that was a lot of money so don't get their hopes up and be thinking about something else. (You gotta keep 'em guessing. ;))
Davis came up to me after homework and announced that Santa does not deliver the presents. I was surprised and asked him who does? He took both index fingers and pointed them at me, "You do." He was quite frank and resolved about it.
I was happy that he finally figured it out (he's almost 9) and then ... panic struck! I shuffled him into my bedroom, locked the door, and went into the conversation, by that of course I mean threats on his life! Jason interrupted us and I explained what happened. Again, I saw the panic in his eyes, "Now Davis you can't tell Dylan..." (more threats)
Then Jason said, "Well now that you're in the secret, you get to help us play Santa." Oh my goodness, I thought Davis was going to combust the excitement overwhelmed him and I swear he was 2 inches taller. That did it, all the threats in the world wouldn't have prevented him from telling Dylan his new found secret - but being allowed to play Santa... Done.
When did your kids find out about Santa?
Comments
I've just never played up the whole Santa thing.
1- Santa always creeped me out... as a kind I thought-there is NO WAY I'm sitting on your lap you crazy, old, lying man!
2- Why would I want to buy something that is really nice and then give credit to that creepy, lying old man. Gifts are a total love language of mine. That gift came from ME. Santa can get credit for the stocking stuff.
3- I abhor things that are false. Everything (except the orginal Saint, which has little to do with the holiday) about Santa is false, and I have no fond early memories to ease me through this. (sorry all you Santa lovers)
So, we are pretty o.k. letting Santa slide under with wire here at the Koehle Abode. We'll say, stuff like "ho ho ho" but it is all a joke. My kids are pretty o.k. about the funny joke of santa... as long as they get good stuff.
Maybe I have some Santa issues... a possible up and coming blog post of my own Laurie. Laurie, you always get me going. YOU rock! :) Love ya girl.
That's great that David is the big helper and he feels like such a big kid. What a cutie.
And, Santa is NOT creepy...Watch ELF and go get some Santa spirit, Katri! :)
diana
It wasn't a big deal, except when I was 5 and told my best friend down the street (who was 4) that Santa wasn't real. His mom had a few choice words for my mom!