All About Food

My Latest Guilty Pleasure! The perfect blend of mint with a creamy filling. It comes with 2 bars so you can have one before lunch and one after. That is of course if you have the will power, which I don't! ;)

I've got meals on the brain. It's a touchy subject at my house these days. I hate to cook!! I can not stress this enough. Why you ask? Because I'm not good at it. When I cook for others, I break out in a panic sweat wondering if it's going to be edible. It's bad. I got a D is homemaking in Jr. High and am still scared to this day. (Literally, I have a scar on my arm.)
Did anyone see Oprah's show with Jessica Seinfeld? She has this new cookbook out for kids where you puree veggies and cook them into their meals. I might try this out! Of course that means that my man will have to eat kid food since I refuse to cook 2 meals. One is hard enough. My kiddos are so skinny and they don't eat very healthy. I like how organized the program is and it looks completely doable. We'll see...

Another tip, www.Smilebox.com/familyfun has this fun program where you can easily upload your family photos and make a "Tried & True Cookbook". I think it's a great Christmas gift idea or a fun addition to a wedding gift. If I ever go OCD on cooking like I've done in the past, I'm going to make myself one.
By the way: If you do make one, please make one for me! I'm in major need of some recipes. Jen and Mandy have offered to help teach me how to do some basic cooking to gain my confidence. You rock Ladies! I just might have to take you up on it.
Comments
Its hard to get excited about cooking when your kids turn their noses up at everything.
I have heard about Jessica's new coookbook, it's just that it sounds like more work when cooking since you have to puree the veggies. I am all for easy- you will have to let us know how it goes! Good Luck!!!
I've been wanting to try that new candy bar. Chocolate and mint are my absolute faves!
love the mint 3 musketeers! minty fluff is delicious!
I bet you are a better cook then you give yourself credit!
I have never liked cooking until this past year. I have triesd to look at is as a craft project instead of cooking. I am not sure if that makes much sense though. I love projects, so figured to try, and make cooking like a project! I have some super easy recipes if you want me to e-mail them to you?