Pinewood Derby
Pinewood derby was last week and Holy Moly was it a doozy. The actual race day went well and Dylan placed 6th. He was pleased and I was relieved!
Jason went out of town very last minute and therefore I was left to make my first pinewood derby race car. I was in panic mode as Jason pulls out all the stops every year to ensure a winning car. I'm talking special sandpaper for the nails and wheels, graphite on the thingy mabop, and specific weights which are supposed to do something that I just don't understand.
My goal was not to be dead last.
Graciously the Scout Master took pity on us and helped cut the car. At least Dylan didn't have a block of wood on wheels racing down the track. HA!
Good news is we found a cool gator skin and made it look as fabulous as we could. Although, we barely survived the official weigh in where Dylan might have gotten in a scuffle defending Davis from kids with a football. {{long story}} At least there was some bonding time for mom and Dylbil. {{the bright side}}
Disaster barely averted and another memory made in Scouts. Gotta love it. We grabbed a friend and ended the night savoring ice cream cones because mama needed a treat. Naturally, I told the boys it was their reward for wonderful behavior and a job well done for Dylan. But we all know mama needed some comfort food from the trauma of a very long single-mom week. {{wink}}
Comments
di