A Pain in the...
I woke up last Sunday to some major back pain. I've had back problems since 6th grade so it wasn't anything new. However, by Monday I was in such severe pain I found myself in Urgent Care.
Since then, my medication has been increased and the pain is still unbearable. So today I went and got an MRI.
Bad news.
I have an appointment with a neurosurgeon on Tuesday because I have a badly ruptured disc. It looks like it's surgery for me with some pretty intense recovery.
I haven't stopped crying since I got the call. I'm devastated. As usual, my timing is impeccable being the 1st week of December. {{sarcastic}}

I do want to send a big blog thanks to Cindy, Kim, Tiffany and Heather for the dinner they sent over!! That was so unexpected and seriously so thoughtful. Thanks Ladies!! {{teary}}
My family LOVED it and it was a nice break for Jason who's been up with me and Drake all hours of the night, working from home, and trying to juggle the jobs of Mom and Dad.
I haven't had surgery before and I'm really scared. I'm just hoping that I can keep it together for the kids and still give them a happy Christmas.
Since then, my medication has been increased and the pain is still unbearable. So today I went and got an MRI.
Bad news.
I have an appointment with a neurosurgeon on Tuesday because I have a badly ruptured disc. It looks like it's surgery for me with some pretty intense recovery.
I haven't stopped crying since I got the call. I'm devastated. As usual, my timing is impeccable being the 1st week of December. {{sarcastic}}

I do want to send a big blog thanks to Cindy, Kim, Tiffany and Heather for the dinner they sent over!! That was so unexpected and seriously so thoughtful. Thanks Ladies!! {{teary}}
My family LOVED it and it was a nice break for Jason who's been up with me and Drake all hours of the night, working from home, and trying to juggle the jobs of Mom and Dad.
I haven't had surgery before and I'm really scared. I'm just hoping that I can keep it together for the kids and still give them a happy Christmas.
Comments
My cousin did have back surgery 2 years ago, I think it was similar to yours, everything went fine and she hasn't had any pain.
You will be in my prayers.
I hope that the surgery will help your poor back once and for all. You and your family will be in my prayers.
I am so sorry to hear about your back. I'll be praying for you and that you have a quick recovery. I have 2 boys and a little girl coming on the 29th of December. I have to have a C-section and am also worried about the recovery with 2 kiddos and 1 newborn to take care of, so I can understand your fears. Don't be afraid to ask others for help, its in the times that we have a need, where God blesses us with the love of others!
I wish I lived closer.I'd love to help. I know you have such great friends that are going to jump in and take care of your family. Keep us posted of the date etc.
I will be praying for a quick recovery. I hope you feel much better soon. Back pain is debilitating.
Since I can't, I will share a little something something that I have learned from surgery.
I have had way too many to count.
I have learned a couple things along the way.
First tip-have some freezer meals in the freezer for when you come home. It makes life so much easier!
Even if it stauffers lasagna-it's not on your mind.
DELEGATE! Your poor hubby! If you have family or friends that are willing to help-let them. It's so hard to let people in-but this help you out so much. Stress makes for a longer recovery. So the less you have the better your life will be!!
STOOL SOFTNERS!
i know that this might be a little TMI-but I promise that those drugs do a number on your system and the last thing you need to deal with is that.
The surgery will go great!
I promise that you will be fine.
The biggest thing i can offer-let other help you. Let the medicine help you. Your recovery will be faster and not such PAIN!
I know you don't know me from Adam-but I hope that you don't think I am too crazy for offering these thigs. I promise that it will help and make your life easier!!!
one word for shopping needs-ETSY!!!
Best wishes to you and I'll pray for a speedy recovery.
Remember to take it one step at a time, one day at a time...and breathe.
All will be well. :)
God Bless
Feel better, please keep us updated here!!!
I'm so sorry you are going through this at this time!!! ♥
love,
di
Please let me know whatever I can do to help. I'd be happy to help with Drake or meals or whatever. What a bummer!
You will be in my prayers! Take Care!
love you!