Dining Room

It's project time! I've been way to wet this summer between the pool, beach, and the lake. I'm ready to dehydrate!

It's my turn to host Mavens and Book club this month and I couldn't be more excited. I've been wanting to paint my dining room for some time now and even paid a professional to help me pick the colors. Now, I have an excuse to get busy.
These are times that you have to "go with your gut". The color she picked for the top was just a little to "yellow" for me - so I went a couple shades darker.

Before - Summer Suede

After! Top - Restrained Gold, Bottom - Mannered Gold
I absolutely love it. I'll be honest, when I was painting I wasn't so sure. It was a little bright for me, but now that it's done, I feel like it was always meant to be those colors. It brings in a warmth that was needing.
What colors are your dining room?
Comments
(oh! And your kitchen looks great, too!)
And by the way, thanks for the book recommendations. I actually ordered first two in the series you recommended and they'll be here in two days. CAN'T WAIT!
great job!
have fun at book club and mavens. i can't wait to see what you do with it.
love,
di
BTW, I have Lisa's Mavens snack.
Our dining room is painted a deep red. My husband wanted to do it and I fought him on it for a while, but then gave in. I'm glad I did, I really like it now.
Keri Campbell
no dining room in my new house..but my kitchen is a light blue with a hint of gray in it