The Truth
"The Truth" by Good Charlotte, music only
I guess it is only appropriate that this is my 250th post. It's a milestone for me personally and a defining moment for my middle son, Dylan.
I finally got a call from Dylan's psychologist yesterday and Dylan has been officially diagnosed with ADHD. I haven't received all the results yet, just verbal confirmation on how to proceed.
"Dylan scored way above average on perceptual reasoning and average on verbal comprehension. He has an average working memory but a low processing speed. He's a visual learner and will need visuals to help reinforce learning."
I've started the process of having Dylan's medical records transferred to Davis' pediatrician and talked to the nurse to schedule the appointment to have him evaluated for medication.
This is a very emotional time for me, especially since I’ve been noticing some issues with my youngest son as well. I’ve been grieving inwardly and trying to come to terms with my vision vs. my reality of the family I’m raising.
I’m a terrible liar – yep even to myself. ha ha I feel that even though it can be very tough, knowing the truth is better than living in denial. “Truth Hurts!” Who ever came up with that phrase wasn’t kidding.
I guess it’s time to finish reading all the books I’ve been collecting on the subject. Drat! I need some quality time in my bathroom.

Comments
I hope that you guys are able to find something that works for everyone!
Good luck!
you go girl!
Hang in there, you are a wonderful mother, your boys are blessed to have someone that will help them and take care of them.
hang in there girl! diana
Anyway, we seem to have a quite a bit in common and I think I have some idea what you are going through. I know what you mean by the vision vs. the reality of the family you are raising. What we had envisioned is no longer a reality for us and it takes time to accept that.
I have two boys- both diagnosed with a special need. My oldest has Dyslexia/Learning Disabilities and my youngest boy- he's Dylan too- has ADHD. It is emotionally hard enough to have one child be diagnosed and then to find out another is too was devestating. I always kind of knew something wasn't quite right, but to actually hear it from a professional was difficult for me!
At first I felt like a terrible mom, almost like did I do something wrong? Then I felt sorry for myself like why me? Why both of my kids?
My children like yours look completely normal. You would never suspect anthing by just looking at them. I sometimes feel like others are judging me or my children just because they can not see their disability. They are not aware of how this affects our day to day life and the stuggles we face.
After the diagnosis of my second child a family member had to put things in persective for me. I had to be reminded that even though things were not as I had always imagined them to be, I had happy, healthy children; something some parents could only wish for.
I have accepted and know we can't change the way things are, but we can find ways to deal with it and make it better. Although sometimes this seems like a never ending overwhelming thing, just take it day by day! My best wishes go out to you and your family!
You are a special mom and you have very special little men in your family. I would love to get together for lunch sometime and hash out these feelings. I'm prayin' for you!
And we use a discipline system called 1-2-3 Magic, and it's GREAT!
I know how you feel when it's not "exactly what you thought it'd be".
Hope that things start to settle down!
Your boys are sooooo lucky to have such a great mom!