P.S. I Love You



Last night Katrina, Katri, and Jenni and I went to go see the movie P.S. I Love You. It's most definitely a chick flick which I enjoy from time to time - but tend to limit in my life.

Why, you ask? I could go on and on with this topic, but in a nutshell, I guess it's because I don't believe in the "Hollywood" version of romance. I think that it's easy to get caught up in it and compare real-life marriages to what is seen on screen (or in a novel) and it can set up unreal expectations.



What I do believe in is chemistry - and WOW does this movie have it. I can sum it all up in one word: YUMMY!



Go prepared to cry, laugh, and laugh while crying. It's an unrealistic story, which of course a man would never do in real life. However, it's absolutely beautiful and well worth your $9.50 and a girls night out.

See what my sister, Lisa, had to say about it.

Comments

I just went with a girlfriend and her daughter to see this on Wednesday and LOVED it. I agree with your assessment of the hollywood version of romance. This movie was fabulous and the chemistry with all the characters seemed so REAL.

Have a wonderfully blessed NEW YEAR!

Blessings,
Sandy :)
Angela said…
Laurie- I love your blog, Tip Junkie, and Executive Homemaker!! You are a darling person! Fun, crafty and creative. I came into the blogging world for my first time in August and I'm a complete addict. I'm so glad I found your sites (just found you a week or two ago). I went to the after Christmas sales at Walmart and Target and bought red chargers for 50% off so I can make the Special Red Plates for next year!! Thanks for the tip! -Angela from Meridian, ID
Crazymamaof6 said…
i had forgotten i was dying to see that! i think you have something there with the unrealistic expectations from books and movies.
can't wait to see this!
Lisa said…
I'm glad you liked it too! I think it's rare to find a movie that takes real life situations and emotions and does them justice and while having your husband die of a brain tumor and right before goes kuput he leaves you letters isn't all that realistic I think the fights that they had, the grieving process and her trying to move on were pretty real life.
Traci said…
I love to hear movie opinions, so thanks! I have been wanting to see this movie too!
Chanda said…
I have been hesitating to see this. It got really crappy reviews and one said that Swank "lacked adorability needed ni a romantic comedy" which I could see. She's nota real cutsie girl. As chick flicks go, how would you rate it on a 1-10 scale?
Jenny said…
Hi. I just saw it this week and really enjoyed it too. I think I liked the Irish side, plus Hillary Swank. She manages to look gorgeous in any situation. And who could go past the smiles of the leading men.
Anonymous said…
Chanda - Hmmm. I'm not sure, maybe an 8. It's certainly worth $9.50 and a babysitter.

What I liked about the movie is that even though all the letters are far fetched - the relationship between the main characters is a lot like real marriages and I felt like her grief and how she handled it was real.

Hilary isn't a "cutsie" girl, although her clothes are cool, and I'm glad she wasn't. It made the movie more believable for me.

If you need a reason to cry - it's a must see.

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging 101 - What Not To Do

Craft Closet Make Over

1 Year Blogiversary