Where Everyone's An Artist

Have you guys heard of Let's Art Party? Holy smokes it is so much fun.  Tiffany invited several of us out to join in the fun and honestly I had a blast.


You can bring in food and drinks so it's more like a party than a class.  The instructor stands at the top and gives you step-by-step instructions on how to paint the canvas.


It's so easy a kid could do it!  I'll admit it's a little intimidating at first but the instructor really encourages each person to put their own personality into the painting and really make it your own.


I went for a more muted look, while several of the women tried to copy the instructions exactly, while others took it to a new level and went wild.  {snicker} 


When I showed the horse I painted to my boys there were SO impressed and really made me feel like I did a good job.  It surprised me how much they liked it.  They even asked where I was going to hang it up.  {Ahhh it's that cute!} 


I had such a fun night painting, eating, and chatting it up with the girls.  Afterwards we came over to my house for some Let's Dance 2 on the Wii.  Good times.

Comments

Hi Laurie,
Great job on the painting. We had a party like this but she came to our home. So So much fun and all out photos turned out awesome.
Feel Free to check it out
http://www.buildingitonpennies.com/2011/08/jeannes-paint-in-party-birthday.html
Have a great day,
Jeanne
Alison Wills said…
Wow, that's awesome!! I'm terrible at painting (realized when I was in the 5th grade...still recovering :)

Your picture looks great! Good Job!!

Ali

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging 101 - What Not To Do

Craft Closet Make Over

1 Year Blogiversary