Broken Trust

Davis & Dylan have been mini-Spielberg's lately catching everything on video tape using our old video camera. Well, this evening Davis brought it to me because he had dropped it and it was falling apart. Luckily Dad was here and he was able to put it back together and get it to work again.
I grounded him from using it for the rest of the day and offered up other choices they could do with their new found time.
A little while later Davis came to me and told me that he was going to try to fix it himself and not tell me that he had dropped it. However, he remembered the story in the friend (Broken Trust) we read together about the little girl who broke the doll but ended up telling her neighbor about it. He said, that she felt better after telling the truth in the story and he now feels better as well. "It worked", Davis said with a shy grin.
I gave him a big hug, thanked him for not only listening to our stories but also using the lessons learned. It was a bonding moment for Davis and me. I'm never quite sure if he's ever listening to me or if it's sinking in. I guess it is and I'm doing my job after all. Who knew?
Comments
kudos to all of you!
di