Surgery Update

I'm hijacking Laurie's blog to tell you that her surgery went well yesterday. The doctor said it was a severe rupture and she also had a bone spur, which is very painful, but he cleaned everything out and is optimistic for a full recovery. She's still in the hospital and is still in pain, but there's finally a light at the end of the tunnel, even if you have to squint to see it. Thank you all for your prayers, emails, meals and babysitting. I know Laurie and Jason appreciate all that's been done to help their family through this difficult time. She's got a tough few weeks ahead while she recovers from the surgery so keep the prayers coming.
Lisa

Comments

Lisa-Marie said…
Lisa, thank you for the update. I wasn't expecting to hear anything for a while, so I was happy and relived to hear that all went well.

Laurie, I am so glad that everything went just as it was supposed to. Take it very easy (like you have a choice) and know that you are being thought of and prayed for! Much love and healing coming your way!!!

P.S. Tip Junkie seems to be in very good hands! All the guest posts have been great!!!!
Chanda said…
Thanks for the update. Please let us know if there is anything we can help with.
Anonymous said…
lisa,
i am so glad that you have updated us as I have nonstop been thinking of my sweet and dear friend. I am so happy things went well, and no wonder she was in sooo much pain. Please tell her she is in our prayers and love her dearly. wish i was there to help.
i will keep praying,
diana
Shannon said…
Thanks for the update. I'm so glad it went well. I pray she is pain free soon!!
Cecilia said…
You're such a good sister!!! Thanks for the txt earlier today and the update!

We will keep Laurie in our prayers!
Messy Jess said…
I'm new here but I hope things are going okay.
Traci said…
What a great sister! Thanks for the update! I am sure it will be a hard recovery! We will hope for the best!
Clinton said…
Lisa,
Please tell Laurie that she has so many people who love her and are praying for her! She is such an amazing lady as are you! I'm so glad you are there to assist her!
aurora said…
I am very glad to hear Laurie's update. thank you!
Let her know that we are thinking about her!
Heather said…
I'm glad the prognosis is good. I'm sure Laurie will heal quickly, she's a fighter and makes things happen.

Hi Lisa - miss you girl!!
Crazymamaof6 said…
holy cow! thanks for updating Lisa!

hope she feels better soon and has a speedy recovery!
Kirstin said…
So glad she's doing well I left her something at my blog. A little award when she's up to it.
Kirstin said…
So glad she's doing well I left her something at my blog. A little award when she's up to it.
Camille said…
Laurie-

I'm so happy the surgery went well, good luck with the recovery in the weeks ahead! Thinking about you girl- get feeling better!!!
queenieweenie said…
thinking of you and wishing you a speedy recovery...hopefully they're giving you some really sweet drugs.
Best Wishes from a SITSta for a speedy recovery.
Cindy said…
Laurie..hope you are getting better everyday...And look forward to more posts from you. take care and thanks to Lisa for the update.
Cindy
http://lifesjourneyaccordingtocindy.blogspot.com/

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging 101 - What Not To Do

Craft Closet Make Over

1 Year Blogiversary